January 14, 2008

For Vic, Amanda, and Liz (in particular)

The Spice Girls Greatest Hits is streamed free on AOL this week. I'm listening to it right now. I really don't know what to say about these songs. There are so many things... first of all, if I didn't know what it was and you told me it was the soundtrack for a made-for-TV Disney movie, I would believe you.

Second of all, there's the private success of these girl-women (women who act like girls? Wogirls? I like that) Sporty Spice is INSANELY wealthy thanks to writing a bunch of super successful songs. We all know what happened to Posh (that would be Becks and her transformation into some other-wordly, fantastic being. Possibly sired by Karl Lagerfeld and Edina from AbFab. Let's face it- how can that combination be bad?) And Scary having Eddie Murphy' s baby. And there's that great version of "It's Raining Men". Thanks, Ginger. As for Baby, I guess we should just be grateful she seems normal and isn't one of Hef's girls. She fits the criteria all right.

Omg, 2 Become 1 is playing. I have to go.

No comments: