April 23, 2008

Moving Sucks Part I of Endless Parts

Seriously, moving companies need to settle down. You fill out one measly form (and then find out that a Pod costs $3,300 and subsequently have a heart attack) and whammo! I've been at work only a few hours and already have six voice mail messages and no less than 21 emails from different moving companies.

Y'all need to BACK off. Some dude just called my cell phone twice, not responding well when I hit Ignore the first time.

And if you're wondering out there why this is so frightening, let me just say that the thought of paying upwards of $1K for ANYTHING is enough to give me palpitations. Having them all jump me like a pack of rabid dogs makes the whole thing seem even worse, like they just can't wait to take my money from me.

All this for a bunch of boxes, a bed, a TV and my TiVo. If I wasn't such a sentimental packrack I would just toss it all and start over in Chicago (one of those boxes is full of old greeting cards, ticket stubs and yes, meaningful RECEIPTS. I know I have a problem- get off my back and out of my future scrapbooks)


No comments: